Friday, February 12, 2010

Tiffany and Betsy, BFF's for life

Today I had the glorious opportunity of reading one of my favorite book series of all time, the Betsy-Tacy series. In my opinion, it is one of the best series ever! It's right up there with Anne of Green Gables and Little Women for me. Betsy is one of my favorite characters of all time! I love how she never gives up on her dream of writing ( a lesson I need to learn), how she sticks by her friends no matter what, and always tries to make the best of things, even though they don't go the way she wants them too (another lesson I need to learn). Not only that, but I absolutely adore every aspect of the books (of course)! I love how Betsy has a "Crowd" of friends she does things with all of the time. I love the prospect of "going with" a boy and not acting "spoony" with him. I also love the slang, as you can tell :) And I love how The Crowd always gathered around the Ray's piano and sang. We need more of this!!! Also, I think Joe Willard is one of the best fictional boys ever! (along with Gilbert Blythe, and Laurie from Little Women). Oh my goodness! If only he were real... We need more boys like him in the world. Yes, anyways... To summarize, I think you all should read the Betsy-Tacy series if you haven't already. It's sooo wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Tiffany! I didn't know you have a blog! :O
    I'm so glad I'm following now.
    What's the first book worth reading in the Betsy-Tacy series? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! I am sorry I didn't see this before! Thank you very much for commenting my dear. Comments are like warm fuzzies in my heart :) Umm... I would say that the best book to start on is Heaven to Betsy, but the ones where she is litte are wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete