Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Lost in Austen!

I have recently had the happy privilidge of discovering the most wonderful miniseries on tv! It's called Lost in Austen and it's about a Jane Austen fan who goes into the world of Pride and Prejudice through a door in her bathroom. I think someone has read my mind! Oh my goodness, it is amazing! I've only watched the first episode, but it's sooo good! I don't think it is on tv anymore, as it is rather old, but you can find it on youtube.
here are some of my favourite quotes (courtesy of IMDB)

Amanda Price: I'm not hung up about Darcy. I do not sit at home with the pause button on Colin Firth in clingy pants, okay? I love the love story. I love Elizabeth. I love the manners and language and the courtesy. It's become part of who I am and what I want. I'm saying that I have standards.
Frankie: Oh, you have standards, pet. I hope they help you on with your coat when you're 70.

Mr Bingley : Darcy regards all forms of sudden locomotion as emblematic of ill-breeding. Hunting, tennis, rising precipitately from a chair...
Mr. Darcy: When Miss Price and I dance, sir, there shall be nothing sudden.
Amanda Price: I can't dance this sort of dance.
Mr. Darcy: Nor I. Together we shall make a shambles. But we shall do it with such authority that everyone will stare at us to learn the step.

Mr. Bingley: [after Amanda sings 'Downtown'] Brava, Miss Price! And whenever life is gettin' me down, I shall be sure to go 'downtown'. Eh, Darcy?
Mr. Darcy: With alacrity.

1 comment:

  1. What channel is this amazing show on? Details. DETAILS! Care to share? haha. I loved this post. =]

    ReplyDelete